The Geneva International Model United Nations (GIMUN) is a Geneva based Non Governmental Organization in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. Run entirely by students, its aim is to promote the ideals and principles of the United Nations by giving students a chance to participate in educative events. GIMUN organizes many different events throughout the year. From year to year, these activities have been developed in order to fulfill the ideal of GIMUN as a permanent platform that young people can use to discuss international affairs, the role of the United Nations and its values.
How Can You Take Part?
You can join GIMUN by applying to vacant positions (check our website regularly for open positions at www.gimun.org) and/or by taking part in one of our events and activities listed below.
- Youth Perspectives, a three-day conference that gives a voice to young people to debate on relevant and contemporary international topics.
- GIMUN Annual Conference at the Palais des Nations, in March of every year (this year for the 21st to the 27th of March 2015)
- GIMUN’s annual study trip.
- UN Day and International UN Days : UN Day is a celebration of the entry into force of the UN Charter at the Palais des Nations, every year on October 24th.
- Join the MUN Delegation, which meets weekly in block sessions of 6 weeks in order to stimulate a committee of the United Nations. The Delegation then represents GIMUN at a MUN Conference (this autumn, at the OxIMUN Conference in Oxford).
- Join our online-journal, “UNO, You Know?” that allows students to express their opinions on international affairs, and acquire information on different UN-related topics by attending UN conferences thanks to our accreditations.
You can find out more about all these activities and how to get involved on our website, www.gimun.org.
Check us out online!
Twitter: @officialgimun https://twitter.com/officialgimun