Applications to create an initiative can be sent at anytime. The initiative renewal period will occur annually in October.
What are student initiatives?
Student initiatives are clubs, or student organizations, formed and coordinated by current IHEID students of any program and year. Some, like Geneva International Model United Nations (GIMUN), are connected with outside organizations. Others are organizations unique to IHEID.
How are student initiatives created and funded?
Every year students who are inspired in a certain area can send a budget request to GISA for funding for their own student initiative. This funding can go towards events, websites, promotions, public relations, or anything else a student might need to accomplish their organizational goals.
How can I join a student initiative?
Most initiatives have their page at the GISA website, which contains contacts of its members. Feel free to visit any of these sites and discover more about the opportunities presented to you at IHEID.
Resources for leaders of student initiatives:
- Initiative Creation (Online Google Form)
- Initiative Renewal & Budget Request (Online Google Form)
- Reimbursement Request (Online Google Form)
- Flex Fund Budget Request (Online Google Form)
- Room Reservation Form (Online Google Form)
- Email address request form (Online Google Form)
- Equipment Lending Form (Online Google Form)
- GISA Equipment for Lending (Online Google Form)
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for GISA Initiatives (PDF)